The Steam version will include an upcoming Anniversary Update, which will introduce New Game Plus, an enhanced photo mode, fresh outfits and more.
Kena Anniversary Update content:
- New Game+: Begin a new adventure after completing the game, starting with all your abilities, upgrades, and Rot as you face new combat encounters, challenges and unique enemies.
- Spirit Guide Trials: Sharpen your skills and unlock rewards in The Trials, including: Wave Defenses, Obstacle Courses, and the chance to take on key boss-fights again and again.
- Outfits: Unlock brand new outfits for Kena to wear by mastering The Trials.
- Charmstones: Discover Charmstones that can be equipped to provide different advantages and disadvantages to customize your playstyle.
- Enhanced Photo Mode: Includes more fun poses, unique lighting setups, and even a moving camera feature!
In an interview published to coincide with the game’s release last year, Ember Lab co-founder and COO Josh Grier said the studio wasn’t ruling out bringing the game to other platforms in the future.
“We are currently focused on our launches for PlayStation and Epic Games Store, which are timed exclusives,” he said. “We will look into other platform releases after launch and a rest.”